Generalist with experience in computer programming, graphics, and internet/multimedia development. Higher education in Mathematics and Biological Sciences. Strong research and problem solving skills. Able to learn quickly and adapt, delivering high-quality results on time.
Independent Contractor . 1998-Present
- Developed a Blender plugin that adds support for 2D animation production.
- Scripted, storyboarded, designed, and produced various animated shorts.
- Engineered several fun Arduino and Raspberry Pi implementations.
- Contracted for Texas Instruments to provide Flash development services for educational products.
- Provided graphics, animation, and web design/development services.
Software Engineer . 2010-2020 . Heads Up Technologies
- Designed graphic interface for a major airline's aircraft passenger briefing system.
- Developed utilities in C# for manufacturing and production testing using serial communications protocols like RS-485 & RS-422.
- Designed and programmed a QNX-Flash based in-flight entertainment and flight information system used in private aircraft.
Interactive Services Manager . 2008-2009 . CS Creative
- Designed for print and web.
- Evaluated and recommended technologies based on project needs.
- Managed projects and coordinated vendors.
- Trained clients on use of content management systems.
Director of Graphic Services . 1993-1998 . Caribiner Communications
- Designed and created graphics for corporate events and communications projects.
- Drove the implementation and use of new presentation and internet technologies throughout the company.
- Developed new services and capabilities for the Graphic Services department.
- Consulted with producers and technical directors on multimedia and print requirements.
- Managed a department of three graphic designers.
- 2004-2006 . University of North Texas . all but dissertation for a PhD in Biology/Neuroscience
- 1992 . University of Texas at Arlington . BS, Mathematics